So this is a bit of a big step. I don’t think I’ve ever posted a recipe on forksandnature before *shock horror*. But this one is so easy, so quick, and it can easily fit into a day of meal prep and the best part? You get to have a quick snack that’s portable, easy to munch on pre-workout, post-workout, for breakfast, whenever, and it’s tasty too.
No-Bake Energy Bites! You’ve probably seen variations on the recipe floating around the Internet. They’re a big hit among everyone, and it wasn’t until this semester that I began to see why. This recipe can easily be customized to suit your preferences. And you can vary it week by week depending on what you’re feeling. Just make sure you have enough of the wet ingredients to balance the dry so you can easily form the balls.
This is one particular recipe I’ve found that works quite well, but feel free to play with it as you like!
- 1 C dry oats (you can use whatever kind you have on hand)
- 1/2 C peanut butter (creamy works best)
- 1/3 C honey (the darker the honey it is, the more subtle the sweet flavor is FYI)
- 1/2 C chocolate chips (using mini-chocolate chips is a lot of fun in this recipe)
- 1/2 C pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, etc. (optional)
- 1 T chia seeds (I use a mixture of chia and flax seeds)
Dump everything a bowl and give it a good mix. Let it chill in the fridge for 30 minutes (a lot of the time I let it chill for awhile since I forget about it haha). After it’s chilled, roll the mixture into whatever-size balls you’d like and then store in the fridge!
And that’s it. Talk about so easy anybody could make ’em.
What are your favorite no-bake energy bite variations?
Have a great week!